2007-01-18

Freebsd on Qemu

I'm continuing the installing-unwrapping actions. So amazing... no problems again.

But in the beginning I was very afraid... to write under FreeBSD 5.5? By no means, guys! Crypto protection... linux... it's not grand.

Well, I've downloaded Qemu+KQemu installed, made iso image of the installation disk, or more exactly, since I have CD-ROM on Windows machine only, I made nrg first and then
dd if=nero_img.nrg of=iso_img.iso bs=1024 skip=300 

By means of qemu-img I've made an empty file image. Booted
qemu -L . -cdrom freebsd-5.5.iso  -hda freebsd.qcow -boot d -m 128

As a blind kitten I nuzzled up sysinstall. Bada-bing - and loaded the fresh-installed system
qemu -L . -hda freebsd.qcow -m 128 -localtime -redir tcp:8080:10.0.2.15:5000 -redir tcp:10022:10.0.2.15:22


As for the magic -redir option I had to google a little... that's all is because the most easy way of net raising is described here in the veeery bottom...

When googled, I've known about pkg_add, pkg_delete and installed bash, python and Emacs 21.
And the last:
export DISPLAY=10.0.2.2:0


What's a pity that there is no built 22nd Emacs for FreeBSD 5.5 ;(
So far I'm afraid of building.

No comments:

Post a Comment