2007-11-22

Shoot and run story about installing Ubuntu Gusty on Dell 1520.

The two main problems:

Media direct button
1.00002 At this point I worried for nothing, rmbr.exe utility easily works from the console of Vista repair disk, so Windows can be teared down painless. For some reason I had not managed with the placement of media-direct loader at a logical disk, so I placed both grubs at primary partitions, did not install grub in mbr, started rmbr.exe 3 2 and everything works. It is left to think of the place where on boot under the 8th run level autologin will happen, and to choose the media combine - MythTV, Freevo or Elisa.



Sleep
More with Google than with my own brains I came to the magic row for /etc/defaults/acpi-support, ater it suspend and hibernate began to work middling well.


MODULES="uvcvideo bcm43xx ehci_hcd uhci_hcd"

And for nvidia drivers is required

POST_VIDEO=false
POST_VIDEO=false

Hibernate hangs up if mixer applet or ekiga are running, they do not let to upload snd_hda_intel(sound) and uvcvideŠ¾ (web camera).


Update 23.11.2007: Here is the description of what I managed to do and what I did not

No comments:

Post a Comment