2007-12-03

Unpleasant Jabber

Oh my.. because of the latest problems with icq protocol changes I had to change icq transport to jabber.snc.ru. Well, it works quite good... but I'm constantly getting into small fixes with it - and this is with my small contact list in fifty persons.

Boring stuff...

Contacts that were located on icq server loaded automatically so I had a heap of monstrosity records like XXXXXXXX@picq.jabber.snc.ru. Everything had to be renamed manually. Icq contacts that were located only in jabber just remained at @icq.jabber.snc.ru, I had to move them manually too. After all that I had to confirm authorization for each contact and got the response.

It's stupid.

Also I've found that if I'll want to jump down from the server it will be somewhat problematic. Quick contact list transfer service does not want to work either with my main account at jabber.snc.ru, nor with experimental one at xmpp.org.ru. It works only with abandoned jabber.ru.

No comments:

Post a Comment